The team leader will support in the overall delivery of the company’s business objectives, by Providing guidance, advice and support in order to meet the commitments in the Peterson SBS HSEQ Policy Statement and to ensure compliance with health, safety, environmental and quality standards and all legal requirements. You will have the supervision over 3 personnel.
• Identify and document HSEQ targets and objectives, both at company level and operational level, ensuring they are visible and updated on a regular basis
• Provide leadership and guidance to the HSEQ department
• Liaise regularly with Group HSEQ Manager and Managing Director on matters of HSEQ and submit Monthly HSEQ
• Support Operational Management to achieve effective implementation of the Peterson SBS HSEQ Policies and Procedures
• Develop HSEQ awareness training sessions and deliver such training in range of HSEQ topics e.g. Risk Assessment, Manual Handling and Chemical Assessments
• Attend Industry/Client arranged meetings and seminars in relation to aspects of HSEQ
• Conduct, Liaise, or lead both internal and external audits.
• In conjunction with operations managers/supervisors carry out visits to onshore locations liaising with Client representatives and conducting Planned Safety Inspections and HSEQ Audits
• Participate in Accident/Investigation to determine Root Cause, identify Key Lessons and make recommendations to prevent recurrence
Qualities and Experience
• Higher standard of education
• Minimum 1 years’ experience in a similar role preferably in the oil and gas industry.
• Health, Safety Environmental or quality qualification or training.
• Good presentation skills and ability to develop own presentation material.
• Good communicator at all levels
• Formal training in accident/incident investigation techniques with ability to conduct root cause analysis and identify key lessons
• Able to develop HSEQ training sessions and deliver training in range of HSEQ topics e.g. risk assessment, manual handling and toolbox talk development and delivery
• Leadership training /qualification
• Training in Kelvin Top Set, Incident Investigation Technique, or a similar process
• Auditor or Lead auditor qualification
• Presentation skills